With KeiganMotor, you can improve the tracking response and quietness of the motor by adjusting the motor.
If you want to adjust KeiganMotor’s control parameters with the KeiganCore app, follow the steps below.
(Use these commands if the developer wants to set parameters with commands.）
PID Parameter Adjustment Procedure
- Connect KeiganMotor
- Tap the KeiganMotor icon from the [Edit] screen.
- Tap the [Motor setting] button.
- Enter the parameters in the table below with sliders or values.
- Tap the saveAllRegisters button to save the value to flash memory. If you do not save, it will reset after rebooting.
- To reset to the initial firmware, tap the resetPID button. To save, press saveAllRegisters as well.
|1||Motor SpeedPID P||Proportional (P) gain for speed control|
|2||Motor SpeedPID I||Integral (I) gain for speed control|
|3||Motor SpeedPID D||Derivative (D) gain for speed control|
|4||Motor Position PID P||Proportional (P) gain for position control|
|5||Motor qCurrentPID P||Proportional (P) gain for current control|
|6||Motor qCurrentPID I||Integral (I) gain for current control|
|7||Motor qCurrentPID D||Derivative (D) gain for current control|
For example, when mounting a turntable, changing the proportional (P) gain of current control from 0.2 to 0.25 may improve the responsiveness.
Also, to reduce the vibration and noise, decrease the proportional (P) gain of position control or speed control.
Motion Control Setting Procedure
- Connect KeiganMotor.
- Select the curveType on the [Motor Setting] screen. Please refer to the table below.
- Tap the saveAllRegisters button to save the values in the flash memory. If you do not save, it will be reset after rebooting.
|curveType||Motion Control Settings|
|CURVE_TYPE_NONE||Motion Control OFF|
|CURVE_TYPE_TRAPEZOID||Motion Control ON (Trapezoidal Acceleration/Deceleration)|